Tuesday, July 05, 2011

loving summer.

Last week we reviewed bits and pieces of our wedding.  And in real time, Ryan and I were celebrating and preparing for our trip to Oregon.

Our anniversary was low key this year.  On Saturday the 25th, Ryan went out with his bike crew to ride up Mount Diablo.  He is preparing for the MS Waves to Wine tour- what a stud.  So, he woke up and rode his bike.  I kept myself busy with working on some things around the house.


We also decided to put our property taxes to use, and get our library cards with the new county.  We both checked out books for our trip, and I was tempted to get this book:

Yep, that says knit your own royal wedding.

Sunday, we slept in, grabbed some yummy breakfast and coffee at Sideboard


and hung out around the house.  For dinner, we went to Wente.  This was the first time we had been there for dinner.  We started the night off with a cheap-o $5 wine tasting (and complementary champagne since I mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary).


Our dinner was so good, and we went all out, ordering wine, salad, entrees and a fancy smores dessert for me!  The night was great, and we were even able to watch someone else's wedding occur on the lawn.


Ryan got me this adorable necklace with our initials.  And let's be real- I sent him the link.


For our real anniversary, we picked up Italian take-out and relaxed to some bad tv.  It was a great night, and a nice low-key celebration for an overly expensive year (aka buying our house).

Tuesday we were able to get together with some dear friends from college for great pizza and conversations.

Then Thursday we packed our car and hit the road.  Since the drive to Oregon is far from fun, we like to break it up.  So we drove 5 hours to Yreka, spent the night, then woke up early Friday.

Riley came too (would you expect anything less?)  And yes, we are aware it is weird to travel with a cat.  But, she's pretty good in the car, and it gives her a change of scenery.

She likes to sit on the arm rest.  It's the perfect size for her.



When she gets really sleepy, she lets her arms and legs dangle, and she looks like this:


No road trip is complete without family photos:






And some corny home videos, aka showcasing how Riley not-so-secretly wants to kill me.



We didn't do such a great job documenting our trip- but Lindsey did, and started to write about it.

It explains why my husband is holding our cat on a pink leash.


Yep. That really happened.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys came up! I had lots of fun. I'm planning to recap the weekend on the blog once I find time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...