Friday, July 22, 2011

let's accessorize!

Elliot didn't pack much when she made the big move to our family.  All she brought was her collar, and it needed some help.  And, if Riley's collar collection is any indication of how much I love to dress up my pet's necks, then I have a long way to go.

I'm not a fan of dressing up dogs in clothes.  I know, I know, we've all seen Riley in a Snuggy and scarf- but that was all the name of Christmas [Side note- so EXCITED for this years card, as we get to include the new member of the family.  Have to get my juices flowing...]  So for me, their collar is my chance to dress them up a bit.

Originally I was going to go with a classic black leather collar.  Much like this one from Martha Stewart


But after purchasing one, I decided I wanted one with a little more spunk.  I also didn't think the cheap-o leather collars that I could afford would last long, and they didn't seem very comfortable.  So it was back to the drawing board.  I wanted a collar that had a metal belt-type buckle over the clip type.  I also didn't want it adjustable.  Ellie is teenie, and has quite the stop when she doesn't want to move, so I needed a collar that was going to stay put. So I started my search with an apple green color, of course.

I really liked the Hamilton collar from Amazon.com .  It seemed like a cute color, and the buckle and nylon looked real sturdy.  Problem was I couldn't find a leash that matched- which I sort of wanted.  And, maybe not everything has to be green...


If I was a millionaire, Ellie would wear this.  But, alas, $99 is about $89 too much.


LL Bean and Lands End had some cute collars, but they only had the plastic buckle type.  So then I went to etsy- which always turns out to be a great idea.  They had a plethora of plastic buckle adjustable collars, but one seller, Chloe's Collars had just what I was looking for! She had some great designs, such as these super girly ones:



But, I've never really been a super pink girl.  So then I found this one:




And loved it!  I love the colors, and I LOVED the teal.  I also am going to order just a plain teal leash (the same color as the inside).  She does make the same pattern for the leash, but I didn't want to be too over-the-top.

It even passed the Ryan test, so we couldn't be better!

I also needed to get a tag for her (and Riley).  And of course I had specifics for that too.  I really wanted a silver circle tag.


And I wanted it to be double sided so just their names were on the front, and their info on the back.  [I know, who cares about stuff like this...]  I also wanted Ellie's and Riley's to match, so I needed to find a place that offered different sizes.  Petco and PetSmart were a no go.  After a quick search online, I found this great site, TerrificPets.com where you can do just that!  And for just $6.45 a pop, I ordered my two.

Once all the bling and collar arrives, I'll post a pet pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...