Tuesday, June 07, 2011

leisurely trip.

I got you up to speed on the first part of my trip to visit the fam, and celebrate Andrew's graduation.  But, I had a few days beyond that at home.  I had a free flight, thank you Southwest Visa, and a few days of PTO to use, so I milked the trip for what it was worth!

On Sunday, my dad made brisket.  And, this is an all day event.  But, well worth it when dinner rolls around!



I can't quite remember what I did this day.  I know I took the dogs for a walk, but beyond that, I don't think I did too much.  And I'm ok with that.  I can veg like the best of them- and I don't feel guilty about it.  Sometimes you just need to do absolutely nothing.  I think it's good for the soul!

So my soul was well and good when I left, because Monday I did much the same!  But, I had company in the way of a brother, dogs and a good book.

dog in reverse


my parent's crazy tall fire place
In between dog petting and reading, we watched Pawn Stars.  My new favorite show.




Tuesday my mom, dad and I went to Oak Park, to take the Frank Lloyd Wright walking tour, and tour of his studio and first house.  It was totally fun, and the weather made for a great day.


We each got mp3 players, headsets and a map, and walked around a few blocks, stopping at his houses learning factoids.  My mom had fun navigating the map, and my dad had fun taking pictures.



The houses were great- they are called "Prairie Style".  If you are ever in Chicago, I highly recommend checking this out.

his studio

his first residence- till he left his wife and kids.  great guy.




Not one of his places- but I want to live here!  Inspiration for  my future house color!

inside the church he designed

M- for Mordoff!
We ended the day at our favorite hot dog joint- Super Dawg. While this isn't a pic for this visit, I thought I'd share.


So till next time Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...