Tuesday, June 21, 2011

first date.

It was summer after our Sophomore year when I invited my friends over to my house to make an awesome trampoline fort and camp out in the backyard. Chris came over as well, we were in need of her mad fort building skills.

For reasons unknown, my friends and I decided to run around the block around midnight. Chris was smart and decided to hang back by herself. By the time we got back my Dad was waiting for us outside and wasn't too happy. Apparently we had woke up just about every dog in the neighborhood and they were all barking nonstop.

This led to an awkward trip in the car, having him take all of my friends home in complete silence.

The next day I finally mustered up the courage to ask Chris out on a date. We kept the first date pretty low key and decided to go see a movie. The only movie really playing was Fast and the Furious, so by default, that is what we saw. I remember picking her up in my sweet red 2 door Saturn. On the way over to the theater I played her a song on my tape deck that Scott and I just recorded, it was a cover of Smelly Cat.

Smelly Cat

Although the date was short and sweet, I had a blast just hanging out with her. We had been friends for the whole past year and we finally went out on a date, something I had been looking forward to for a long time.

The next day, a bunch of us went to hang out at a friends house. At the end of the night Chris and I both were leaving at the same time together. She got into her huge conversion van to drive away, but before she left I stopped her. We stood outside in front of her van with the headlights beaming at us and I asked her to be my girlfriend. She said yes.


I followed her home in the Saturn excited as can be. Although she kept almost running off the road in her huge van, no wonder the first conversation I had with her was making fun of her driving.

Ryan

3 comments:

  1. this cover of smelly cat makes me laugh every time I hear it! great post Ryan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...