Monday, April 25, 2011

the piano took up the living room.

In college, 2005 to be specific, the Jack Johnson album In Between Dreams came out.  I loved that album, and when I listen to it I am reminded of Chico.  Ah- the glory days!

Beyond being great tunes, a few of the songs do what music does best, and evoke memories.  Particularly, Do You Remember.  It always reminded me of Ryan and I, and our little journey of life.

(For your viewing pleasure, an animated version of the song- this person has too much time on their hands!)



Well- it came on my Pandora play list the other day, and it made me smile.  One lyric is:

Do you remember When we first moved in together?
The piano took up the living room
You'd play me boogie woogie, I played you love songs
You'd say we're playing house, now you still say we are.

The piano has indeed taken up precious space in our house- but I am excited for the music that will come from the monstrosity.  But more importantly, I am excited for the father-daughter bonding that will occur, as Riley loves to sit on the top as Ryan plays.  Here are a few family photos taken on Ryan's b-day!





1 comment:

  1. for someone who HATED piano lessons, you sure are LOVING this piano :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...