Wednesday, January 12, 2011

rough week.

I'd prefer to be happy, and a go-with-the-flow kind of gal.  Life's too short to sulk.

But, this week has been rough.  Not the world is going to end, and life as we know it is over kind of week.  Just, rough.  Because when it rains, it pours.

I'd like to start off saying I am a very lucky girl.

I have this wonderful husband:


a fun (but moody) cat:


and a wonderful family:


My sister is also coming to visit over President's day:


But, instead we've had a few disappointments.  We had put an offer on a townhouse.  And when you put an offer on a place you can't help but fall in love and picture yourself there.  Unfortunately, I had gone so far as to pick out how I was going to design and organize our pantry.  (It's sick, I know.)  So when our Realtor called to say the bank had decided to send the place to foreclosure, thus making our offer void, you could say I was disappointed.

Then yesterday I logged into mint.com account (my absolutely favorite website) and it offered the option to head to Turbo Tax to try out a tax calculator.  Just for fun, I pulled out our last paychecks of the year to see the damage.  And the news was far from welcome.  With no kids, no home, not being blind and over 65, the news was bad.  Very bad.  Yesterday we bid adieu to our trip savings account, instead needing to pass the funds to Uncle Sam.  We both went to work today, upped our 401Ks, dropped our allowances to 0 and will be reevaluating come Spring.

Seems that getting married sans kids and a home isn't a smart tax plan!

So today I went to Target and used my gift card (thank Scott!) to get a nice bottle of wine and hope that  we both wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. things seem to suck at once. it sucks.

    but channel your inner "yes" and now i'm sending positivity and love your way. (or i'll just bring when i come visit...) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...