Tuesday, January 04, 2011

my love affair with costco.

Happy New Year!  Hope your 2011 is getting off to a great start.  Life is back normal for these three which includes early nights, too much tv and being bitten by Riley.  Fun stuff!

In any case, yesterday after work I went to Costco to look for a shirt.  When I go to Costco on a mission I usually browse around, for shits and giggles.  Plus,  I think Costco is a great place to get in a mini workout. I walk far more there then I do at work or at home.

As I was rounding the corner to the fruits and vegetables area I glanced to my right at the t.p. and paper towels section.  Which is odd.  I had given up hope.  See, in Chico Ryan and I found our most favorite find: recycled paper t.p. and paper towels.  It was the best.  Not only was it priced more economically then its counterparts, but the stuff lasts forever and is surprisingly soft.  Basically what heaven would be like for me- an earth friendly deal.  Done.

But, our crowded and teeny tiny Costco didn't carry it.  It was almost enough to make us move back to Chico.  Seriously.

So yesterday I almost squealed with excitement as I saw our beloved paper products.



Yep, and even the plastic is recycled.  It's that good.

Beyond my strange obsession with bath tissue and paper towels, Costco carries a ton of other things that I've grown to love and can't live without.  A few years back I read Gorgeously Green (seriously life changing for me).  Since then I try when I can to buy any product that goes on my body to be free of a few certain nasty chemicals. But- I didn't want to compromise smelling clean and being confused with a hippie.  I like to call it eco-chic.  I'm conscious, but not over-the-top.  In any case, Costco has really aided in my quest.  I'm able to get my shampoo, great makeup, toothpaste, body wash and much more without the questionable chemicals.  And the great thing is they are priced the same.  So I figure if I can get a great eye shadow without talc and parabens- for the same price as one with, I might as well give it a try.  And so far, all of my new products have been great!



So there you have it- a Monday made great by t.p. (only in my world)!

5 comments:

  1. When/if I return to the 'burbs in life, my first trip will be to Costco to get a membership. Bloomington only had a Sam's Club (lame sauce), and in Naperville, I never really went (That's Dad's errand - NOT to be disturbed.)

    [Also - love the elephants, but semi-clashing w/ the wedding photo in your masthead... Idea: You & Ryan photoshopped to look like elephants.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Costco still doesn't have the recycled tp or paper towels :( And I live in Eugene!

    I didn't know they have natural makeup and body wash. I'll have to look for that here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    My name is Ashley, I'm the girl behind the blog A Hasty Life. I just started the well-known 30 for 30 fashion challenge. I chose 30 articles of clothing to wear for 30 days (including shoes!) I would love for you to bop on over to my blog and check it out!

    <3 Ashley
    www.ahastylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @angsolom- and we have a new masthead!
    @Lindsey- yes, Costco has tons. We even got some sweet shampoo there. Gotta love it!
    @Ashley- I'll have to check your blog out-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to add the paper products to Dad's Saturday Costco trips! I'll report back on Naperville availability. I was disappointed to find last week that they're having problems supplying sushi. What a deal - the small tray of 15 or so was like $6-$8 and the larger 30+ tray was around $15. And a nice selection to boot. I found the sharp cheddar cheese that Aunt Becky brought to Ft. Lauderdale and that everyone loved, but it got buried in our fridge with all of the leftovers and I forgot about it New Year's Eve! Now Dad, Andrew and I will have to eat all of it ourselves...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...