Monday, January 24, 2011

i got my new lens!

Within an hour of writing my post about wanting a 35mm lens, we trekked to Best Buy and found it!  We went with the intention of trying the lens out.  We usually go there when we are eyeing a lens, but then buy it online for cheaper.  We're cheapos, what'd going to do?  But, when we got there and found out it was in stock, for the same price as the cheapest online vendor- I was sold!  So we left Best Buy with a new toy!



We also went to Best Buy on the same day that David Bromstad of Color Splash (oh HGTV) was touring Best Buy's.  Who knew?  But- he was going to be an hour or so, and we didn't stick around.  Turns out I probably should have since the rest of my afternoon was uneventful.  Oh well.

But, I did play around with the new lens, and so far I am loving it.   I want to take it outside sometime within the next week before I decide to keep it. (I have no problem returning things.  Half of what I buy at Target ends of going back.)

Here are some mess around SOOC (straight out of the camera) shots.






Clearly we need nieces or nephews or friends to have kids because all of our photos are of Riley.  But, so far I think the lens is great, and you can't beat the price!

1 comment:

  1. yes. the riley pics are.... well. at least you enjoy them...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...