Saturday, December 25, 2010

merry christmas!

From Ryan, Riley and I- we wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Yesterday Ryan and I woke up at 3am, showered, finished packing, bid Riley adieu and head to OAK for our morning flight.  As a usual travel day goes for us, we arrived super-super-early.  But, we were amazed how empty the airport was.  As our flight departure got closer, more and more families arrived.  I couldn't believe all the gear that the families had to bring: car seats, portable high chairs, baby toys galore- and so on and so forth.  Not looking forward to lugging all that around.

Ryan did some work as we waited, I ate my Burger King french toast sticks. We boarded in A group of course, and were lucky to get the emergency exit row.  I slept most of the flight.  And, couldn't tell you what Ryan did since I was catching up on my Z's.

My dad pick us up in the Prius, stopped by Starbucks and then drove us to church.  Christmas eve mass was at 3pm, and was in Andrew's school gym.  Gym church.  The priest was funny, the choir was terrible and Ryan found a way to not have a host debacle like he normally does.

Here's the mass in all its glory:


Following church, Ryan ran around in the snow:


We then went home for appetizers and wine.  Every year we have a cheese ball, and this year did not disappoint.  We also had the largest bag of pepperoni known to man:


After snacking a ton, I jumped on the couch, and woke up at 11:30pm to find everyone had gone to sleep.

This morning we all woke up, opened presents, then ate scones and coffee.  One of my favorite gifts was this mug from Angela:


The rest of the day we've spent hanging out, eating, drinking and playing games.  Tonight we are having a Christmas feast and driving around critiquing Christmas light displays.  Hope everyone is enjoying the time with their families!

2 comments:

  1. hmmm.... i don't think i had enough pepperoni while I was home.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. Based on the size of the bag, we all should have had more. Mom did make some pizza bread as our appetizer to our pepperoni pizza.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...