Thursday, November 11, 2010

House Hunting=Draining

I've been MIA because I've been spending every waking minute thinking about houses.  Yep, that's right, we've started to look into buying a place of our own.  I thought this was going to be so exciting, and right up my alley- but it turns out me and house hunting in our area = not so good.

For starters, everything is expensive.  And I swear every time we look into something, we find another cost is added.

Secondly, it's expensive.  So, no single-family home for these three.  Which is fine, condo life will be perfect for us. But it is no House Hunters in Texas where $150K gets you a brand spanking new 4,000 sq. ft. 3 car garage house.

It takes forever.  And, I'm a get 'er done kind of gal.

Lastly, the thought of a 30 year loan is insane.  INSANE!

We've seen a few places, and really like one, but with HOA fees, and those pesky little HUGE taxes it tacks on quite a bit.

So in the mean time, send us good house hunting energy that someone puts our dream home up on the MLS who is willing to negotiate.  Oh, and cover our closing costs.

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting you guys are looking for a house/condo! I can't wait to hear more about your search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best things in life usually take the most effort.

    ??

    Ha - that's such a cheesy comment. Forgive me... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...