Sunday, November 14, 2010

Home Tour | Master Bedroom

Alright, it is time to take a peek into our room.  This room is huge, has tall ceilings and we love it.  We left it pretty simple because we didn't want our room full of clutter.  We wanted this room to feel like zen- which is why it is not over-the-top. So here it is:




We have a queen bed- and probably will for awhile.  We like the size, and like that it doesn't take up as much space in the room.  The couch I bought for $50 from goodwill before I moved to Chico.  It is in great shape.  And, it didn't fit in our living room since it was so small- so this window nook was the perfect place.

Our dresser was purchased when we moved here, and it is from Ikea- and quite the pain to put together I might add.




Our bedding is from Ikea as well.  I purchased the Euro sham's from Pottery Barn with giftcards.  I got the bed skirt from Walmart.

I had one of the nightstands in my apartment in Chico.  It's from Ikea.  I don't love these, but we bought another one when we moved here since we needed a nightstand on the other side.

The headboard, which I don't love either- but does the trick for now, was rescued from the trash.  And it is a footboard.  I bought two poles at home depot to raise it up, and attached it to the bedframe with zip ties.


Our wedding photo that resides on my nightstand.  And the book is our daily journal.


This is the top of our dresser.  The frames are all from Ikea.  The big one on the right is an engagement photo.  The two photos on the left are from our trip to Italy.

I bought the green vases at Crate and Barrel with wedding money.


This green dresser doll is probably one of my favorite things I have.  It was my grandma's.  It was a gift to her from my grandpa.  I used to go to their house when I was younger and admire it.  My grandma gave it to me as a wedding gift- and I love having it in my room now.  Plus it is green- so it was meant for me : )


Ryan took this photo in Chico.  I turned it B& W and viola- art!


A close-up of the saved-from-the-dump headboard.

So there you have it, our room.  Nothing too special- but it works for now.  One day we'll buy a legit bed/headboard.  But- for now, this does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...