Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm awesome.

A few weeks ago I was at work, and I received a call from an Unknown number.  Since I am a chronic screener, I let it go to voicemail.  A few seconds later I had a message from Chad.  I don't know a Chad.  What was more peculiar was that he called to tell me that I was awesome.

I was at work, and proceeded to slightly freak out.  I took my phone to whomever would listen to me and told them how I didn't know a Chad, and listen to this crazy message.  I swore if he called again I was going to change my number.

When I got home, I went on the same rant to Ryan about creep-o Chad.

The next morning, I received a call, this time from a woman.  She told me I was awesome.  And, finished off by saying someone paid to have them call and tell me I was awesome, from awesomeness reminders.com.  Once I hung up the phone, I ran into our room to wake up Ryan.

I told him to turn on his computer, and search for the website so we could see what it was all about.  He opened his browser, searched for "Awesomeness Reminders" in his toolbar, and was provided the results.

Lo and behold the first result was the correct website, and the link was purple.  Meaning, Ryan had been there before.  I then attacked him with pillows.  I thought he did it as a joke.  He claims it was "better than flowers".  I still think I am right.  Although, it was sweet.

I then asked him how much he spent.  When he told me he paid $20, I about flipped out again.  I also told him- when in doubt, go flowers : )

So, for the next three weeks I will be receiving calls to tell me I am awesome.  It was fun for a few days, uplifting even.  Now, I have to say it is kind of getting redundant- so they go straight to voicemail.

So for a price tag of $40 (the rates have gone up!) you can hire someone to tell someone else they are awesome.  Or, my sister said she'd do it for half the price.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I love that Ryan did that for you. Although I see how it was probably pretty creepy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...